Six Strange South Dakota Laws That Are Still On the Books
Now before you go thinking that South Dakota is the only place with weird laws still in their government codes, stop!
Minnesota has a law that makes it illegal to cross state lines with a duck on your head and you're not allowed to walk your elephant on main street either. Now those are weird laws!
Only in Your State/South Dakota did the research and found some pretty strange laws.
- Sleeping in a cheese factory is still fully against the law in our state. And I'm going to be honest, I've had dreams like that!
- Huron has a law against causing static. I'd like to see them try to enforce that during a South Dakota winter.
- All hotels must have twin beds and they must be two feet apart. This law also states that you cannot sneak in any nooky in the space between the beds.
- It is perfectly legal to use fireworks to protect your sunflower crop.
- Showing movies where police officers are struck, beaten, or treated offensively is strictly against the law. Someone better call Hollywood and let them know!
- Finally, every South Dakotan's favorite law- -Horses are not allowed in fountains unless they're wearing pants.
For more information on weird South Dakota laws see Only in Your State/South Dakota.
Source: Only in Your State/South Dakota