Our family of 4 just bought all new iPhones and for the most part we love them. My husband and I got the new 6 plus, and the kids have the 5c. A couple of days ago my son noticed something strange with his phone, charge block and charging cord. Good thing he was so attentive or we could have had a really big problem!

We contacted Apple and they said they hadn't heard of the problem before but were happy to send a replacement, which is on the way. A quick Google search will reveal this isn't the first time some serious sparks and smoke have been associated with iPhones charging.

For now, we've changed where the phones are charging from our bedrooms to the kitchen counter where they're easily seen. It's probably a fluke, but we're still thankful there wasn't a fire!

More From KKRC-FM / 97.3 KKRC