What You Need to Know About 7th Annual DT Sioux Falls Mash Madness
There’s a competition brewing in downtown Sioux Falls, and even if you're not a fan of basketball, this is a bracket competition you'll want to be a part of. This event is the kind of sporting opportunity that might be right up your alley. The 7th Annual Mash Madness challenge begins Wednesday, March 1, and runs through Friday, March 31.Once again, five downtown Sioux Falls breweries will be competing for your endorsement with a special craft brew created just for this event. The winning brewery receives the traveling trophy and bragging rights for a year.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it is to try all five entries and vote for your favorites using the Downtown Sioux Falls Digital Passport. You can also post photos of your brew taste-testing sessions to social media with #MashMadness23.
The five brewers going foamy head-to-head in this (not so) action-packed competition are:
- Covert Artisan Ales & Cellars at 434 E. 8th Street with their Pineapple Hwhip - Think Pineapple flavored soft serve ice cream in a waffle cone- - only better!
- Fernson Brewing Company at 332 S. Phillips Avenue, is offering a Island Hopper Hazy IPA - Think tropical paradise - - but the ticket is cheaper!
- Remedy Brewing Company at 401 East 8th Street, Suite 120. Formula Hank - Mango and berry notes all "mm-mashed" together.
- Severance Brewing Company at 701 N. Phillips Avenue, Suite 110, will be whipping up an Exotic Fruit Octopus that'll knock off your flip-flops!
- WoodGrain Brewing Co. at 101 S. Phillips Avenue, Suite 100, is offering a mouth-watering, eye-opening entry named DDH Radio Static Pale Ale.
To find out more about the special craft brews you will find in this year's competition, see the 7th Annual Downtown Sioux Falls Mash Madness.