Things You Should Buy in August
Summer is almost over and despite what most of my friends say, I know there are others who are not sorry to see it pack up its heat, humidity and bugs, and get out of town! Before it goes however, you can still capitalize on savings for items you may need next summer or even the upcoming winter.
Consumer Reports has a list of five items that are deeply discounted during the month of August, so get out your wallet and get ready to save! Here is the list:
- Air Conditioners: They're on sale this month, even though the heat may continue for weeks where a lot of us live, that's the upside. The downside is that inventories may be low, so get moving!
- Dehumidifiers: Again, plenty of warm weather still to come and a great time to buy these.
- Outdoor Furniture: The best time to buy the set of your dreams for next summer is right now!
- Back-to-School Items: In particular, backpacks are really great buys during this month. But you'll also find amazing deals on crayons, notebooks, pens, pencils and glue, as wells as college dorm gear like bedding, lamps and small appliances.
- Snowblowers: You may not want to even think about snow right now, but now is the time to buy one of these. The deepest discounts, however, will likely be on last year's models.
So get out there and get shopping.
(Source: Consumer Reports.org)