Here’s Where South Dakota Thinks ‘Diners, Drive-ins and Dives’ Should Visit Here.
Recently I wrote about the places that the Food Network show Diners, Drive-ins and Dives has visited that are near Sioux Falls. The Food Network website lists all the places that the show has taken Guy, and he's never done an episode in South Dakota. They've been to Omaha, Des Moines and Minneapolis.
So we asked on Facebook where Triple D should visit when they come to their senses and visit our state. Our friends on FB created a list of great places that would make wonderful additions to the DDD cannon. Places in the Black Hills, little towns and Sioux Falls were among the recommendations
Five Sioux Falls restaurants and one in Brookings were the top recommendations. The places represent amazing Mexican food, burgers and chicken.
- The Keg in Sioux Falls. Famous for it's chicken.
- Jacky's in Sioux Falls. Great Mexican and Guatemalan food.
- Nikki's La Mexicana in Sioux Falls. Another local favorite Mexican food destination, especially the burritos.
- Bob's Carry Out in Sioux Falls. The little building full of big food. Chicken, burgers and ribs, oh my!
- Phillips Avenue Diner in Sioux Falls. Retro look and great food.
- Nick's Hamburger Shop in Brookings. great burgers since 1929.
Here are some of the other places in South Dakota that people love and want the folks at Diner's Drive-ins and Dives to know about.
- Alpine Inn in Sioux Falls
- The Back 40 in Kimball
- Saanas in Sioux Falls
- Mary's in Flandreau
- The Pheasant in Brookings
- Lane Café in Lane
- Marlins in Sioux Falls
- Big Rig BBQ, Sioux Falls
- Feather's Nest in Ward, SD
- Tastee Treat in Yankton
- Double Barrel Steakhouse in Henry
- Rowdy Hog in Sioux Falls
- Pie Palace in Custer
- Revival ribs in Aberdeen
- Little Coalinga in Sioux Falls
- Hartford Steakhouse
- TJ Kerns Pizza in Parker
- Lintz Bros Pizza in Hermosa
- Cafe Brule in Vermillion,SD
- Oh My Cupcakes in Sioux Falls
- Royal Bakeshop, Centerville
- Lumber Company in Vermillion
- Colonial House in Rapid City
- Alpine Inn in Hill City
- The Loud American Roadhouse in Sturgis (best steak tips ever)
- The Sandbar & Grill in Sioux Falls
- Tally's Silver Spoon in Rapid City,
- Firehouse Brewing Company in Rapid City
- Bay Leaf Cafe in Spearfish
- Carnaval Brazilian Grill in Sioux Falls
You can also tell Food Network all about your favorite South Dakota place here: firstname.lastname@example.org.