Car Vandalism Is Becoming More and More Popular in Sioux Falls
Vandals are praying on more and more cars in recent weeks here in the Sioux Empire according to a new police report.
This recent rash of vandalism towards vehicles doesn't appear to be concentrated in one certain area of the community.
Sioux Falls police spokesperson Sam Clemens told Dakota News Now, yes, there have been a few clustered cases, but the great majority of the reported incidents as of late have been spread across the entire city. Which leads police to believe most of the cases are not connected.
According to Dakota News Now, there have been 13 reports of damaged or broken windshields and windows in Sioux Falls over just the past couple of days.
What makes things even more difficult for police from an investigation standpoint is none of these crimes have been captured on video. So police really have no clear clues as to why there has been such a recent surge in car vandalism, and if any of these cases are linked together.
Dakota News Now reports that a few cars involved during this recent bout of vandalism have been struck multiple times. You can imagine how aggravating that has to be for owners.
As of right now, police say they have no leads or the names of any potential suspects involved with this recent surge of car vandalism in the Sioux Empire.
Here are a few tips to help protect your car from being vandalized:
- Park in a garage or well-lit driveway whenever possible
- Park in a well-lighted area when you're away from home
- Park near other vehicles
- Park around security cameras when they are available
- Invest in a car alarm if you can
Source: Dakota News Now
TRENDING FROM RESULTS-TOWNSQUARE SIOUX FALLS:
- What are the Best and Worst Tourist Attractions in South Dakota?
- You Can Own This South Dakota Air Force Base Only $4.5 Million
- South Dakota Attraction Spotlighted on This Week’s ‘Dirty Jobs’
- Sioux Falls Mayor Opens Up About His COVID-19 Battle
Worst Parking Lots in Sioux Falls Metro
10 Reasons NOT To Move To Sioux Falls ;)